Here are some library sites I like. Some have particular strengths. Others are just good all-around sites. Check these out & post some examples of sites you like as well:
Library sites I like:
Northwestern University Libraries
http://www.library.northwestern.edu/
University of Arizona Libraries
http://www.library.arizona.edu/
(Very simple format for a fairly complex institution; I like it)
Dickinson College Libraries
http://lis.dickinson.edu/Library/index.cfm
(Neat FacFlix film service: check it out)
Gettysburg College Library
http://www.gettysburg.edu/library/index.dot
(Nice subject guides section..)
Marshall University Library
http://www.marshall.edu/library/
(They have lots of topical videos on their site. See “help” page: http://www.marshall.edu/library/help/default.asp)
Cornell University Library
http://www.library.cornell.edu/
(I like the immediacy of the links to frequently asked IT issues. I also like the heading of the first category: “Find It”)
Boise State University Library
http://library.boisestate.edu/
(Design is very basic, but everything on homepage seems very clear-cut & the links presented thereseem similar to what we might need)
Oberlin University Library
http://www.oberlin.edu/library/
(Very clean site. Terminology could be more user-centered, perhaps …)
Smith College Libraries
http://www.smith.edu/library/
(Here’s an example of a site that aims to make the homepage as uncluttered as possible. May create too many tiers as a result?)
Williams College Library
http://library.williams.edu/
(Focus is very much on the primary reason people come to the library web site: gateway to research)
Friday, December 7, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment