Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Which "searching databases pages" do you like?

http://www.library.uiuc.edu/rex/find/articles.htm

http://library.boisestate.edu/indexes/index.htm

http://www.gettysburg.edu/library/resources/db/index.dot

http://www.library.arizona.edu/search/articles/

http://library.williams.edu/indexes/

http://www.oberlin.edu/library/articles.html

http://lis.dickinson.edu/Library/LISDatabases/index.cfm


Also, I have no idea how this works exactly, but it's kind of cool:
http://lis.dickinson.edu/LuminisChannels/news/libChannels.htm

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the drop down boxes to locate databases by subject..i assume that they can be customized. Our file folder tabs are filling up.
Gettyburg's looked a little busy, and Oberlin's seemed like it required extra clicks to get to where u wanted to go. I liked Arizona's because it was clean and after clicking to the selected database subject page, the screen was easy to navigate and uncluttered. I am a personal fan of simple pages in contrast to ones that are jammed packed with left, center, and right columns. I get confused easily on those types of pages--they also look "too commerical"
The gateway page from Dickinson is very cool, and allows users to customize what they want to see or not see. Would be nice to go that direction for the future after some of the inital re-design is done.
-bruce